Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Week 2

I bet you'll never guess what happened this week... I got sick! Shocker, I know. It has turned out to be an amazing experience though. I felt a little sick on Monday, but ignored it. Tuesday I woke up with a sore throat and headache. I was determined to continue no matter what. About 4 I got a fever. I can't remember the last time I had a fever, but this one was blazing. I knew I couldn't go on like that, so I asked for a blessing. The sweet Elders (Richins & Zollinger) were so nervous and had to restart a few times because this was their first time. But first time or not, they hold the Priesthood & have the faith. The minute they began to seal the anointing my fever broke. I've never felt such a relief in my life! I still cry when I think what a huge blessing that was. President Hall blessed me, through the Priesthood, before I left that I wouldn't miss a day of work, and the Priesthood made that possible. I am still sick and I'm pretty sure it is a sinus infection now, but I don't have any pressure, so it is still a huge blessing. I am going to the health clinic this afternoon to hopefully get a z-pack :)

We went to the Temple again this morning and this time it was bright and beautiful outside. I love the outpouring of the Spirit here. Last night's fireside was amazing and then we got to watch the Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration video after. I cried through the whole thing. I was so touched by all the individual lives he touched while he was restoring Christ's Church to the earth. I have been joking lately that everyday someone tells us the whole point of missionary work is something different - the Book of Mormon, Baptisms, Testifying, etc.. - but I was ably to find my point to missionary work - PEOPLE! I won't be restoring the gospel, but just like Joseph I can touch individual lives, and that will make all the difference.

We've spent some time at the Referral Center & that is probably my favorite thing to do here. I don't talk to many people when I'm doing outbound calls, but when I get inbound calls it is the best! They are the people that the Lord has prepared to hear the gospel and they can hardly wait! My teaching skills are improving and I finally feel comfortable with the first lesson, but I only have a week and there are at least two more to go. I love when I am teaching with the Spirit and even though it is just for practice, the Spirit puts thoughts into my mind as to what I should say. It is an amazing experience and I'm excited to experience it more regularly.

I got my flight plans last Friday! I'm leaving for Florida so soon!! Eeek! I feel like my time here has been so short and I still have so much to learn. The foreign language missionaries all dread having to be here for so long, but it just doesn't seem like I've had enough time to be completely ready. Ready or not, here I go! Since I am leaving, please write or use dearelder.com to update me over the next two weeks. This way, any letters that you write can be easily forwarded to me wherever I am at that particular time. Anyone can email me, but I can only email back to my family, so others should include an address if they email me. So, any of you who are not my immediate family can use dearelder.com and I'll get the letters sooner than if you just mailed them.

I'm excited to get out and serve! I know this is the Lord's will for me! I know this is the right time and the right place.

No comments: