Saturday, November 1, 2008

Gettin' Ready

As part of getting ready for my mission, I had the wonderful opportunity to go to the Temple on September 24th. My grandparents came down for the special occassion and I loved having them here.
Since then I've been to the Temple often. President Hall challanged me to attend 20 times. In an effort to try and get them all in I've been able to attend a few times a week and I have loved having it in my mind all the time. I love the new insights I've had in things I've read and heard hundreds of times before. Family means so much more to me and I can't wait until I have the opportunity to have my own (well, I can wait a few years, but I'm excited).
I was set apart as a missionary on Wednesday October 29th. It was a beautiful, meaningful, and most importantly inspired blessing. It calmed my fears and excited my hopes. I am excited to report to the MTC next Wednesday and learn all I can before I head off to Tallahassee Florida!
My bags are packed, well they were, I have to re-pack them now. My things are purchased, my bike is ordered, I've said my goodbyes, and I'm ready to go!

2 comments:

susan said...

'will be thinking of you on your journey, peace, focus and inner calm. sjtm cycn

Cindy said...

Bye Alissa!! We will miss you!!