Saturday, April 11, 2009

Conference In A Skirt

This was a new experience for me. I was not only dressed for all of General Conference, but I was in a skirt and sitting in a pew. I was able to stay awake through all of them, but I think that had more to do with the fact that the sessions were at 12 and 4 rather than 9 and 1 :) It was wonderful!

Monday we had a farewell dinner for Elder Rasmussen at Chili's. It was us, FSU, Krissie, Carly (who was baptized a few weeks ago), Alex (who was baptized last week), and Whitney. It was nice to get to spend some time laughing and having fun. Krissie & Carly put a goodbye package together for Elder Rasmussen. Post-its, plastic sheets for binders, Razzles (first its a candy, then its a gum!), sheriff badges (he is going to be a zone leader in Pace, FL), and other such items.

Tuesday we had a great district meeting. Sister Wilcox & I wore black. We were in mourning for loosing Elder Rasmussen. Then we went to Stevie B's pizza for the ultimate eat off. I lost. But I put up a good fight. Elder Rasmussen ate 19 while Elder Eden and I could only eat 18. I really could not eat anymore. I could barely swallow the 18th piece. I've never eaten so much in my life! Madisen fed us dinner that night & I was a little scared it would be pizza. Instead it was coos-coos (sp?) that stuff that is like rice but in balls instead of grains... It was delicious.

Wednesday we had Sister Palmer, a new missionary, with us for the day while her trainer came in from elsewhere. It was fun to see someone fresh from the MTC and laugh a little when her hair frizzed and she wasn't sure what to do. We contacted on campus and talked to a lot of great people. Then we helped Sister Campbell with quilts for the stake. The Campbells also bought us dinner :) That is the most we've been fed in a week in a long time.

Thursday it was pouring rain, which would be fine, except there was lightening as well. We have been counseled not to go out in lightening, so we made lots of phone calls, update the area book and cleaned our apartment.

Friday I was not feeling well, but refused to spend another day inside! I called the Elders for a blessing and, as always, felt better immediately. It is amazing! I love the Priesthood! We were able to go to Friday Forum, the Ronald McDonald House and then we were able to go and visit Farah. That girl has such amazing faith! I want to be like her when I grow up.

Saturday we planned in the morning and then had Conference! It was wonderful! Between sessions we were able to contact an investigator and get her new phone number, which was a huge blessing. After we were able to go tracting and find 2 new investigators, Charlie & Robert, and were able to clean for a member, who fed us pancakes. I don't know what to do with all this food!

Sunday we finished planning and headed down for music & the spoken word. It had been years!

Conference was wonderful! I forgot my notes, but I know that I love President Eyrings talk on adversity, Elder Holland's words on the Atonement and Elder Bednar's talk on the Temple. I can't wait for the conference Ensign!

I love you all!Happy Birthday Waybne, you're old!

No comments: